Sunday, November 22, 2009

Alex Sturla- summary of soil erosion!


This week I learned a lot about soil erosion. I had a great week. One thing I was surprised about was all the places soil erosion can happen. It surprised me when we went on that walk as I looked around soil erosion was happening everywhere. At first I felt like I wasn't very interested in soil erosion but as the week went on I recognized what soil erosion really is and how it can effect you and your surroundings. It effects us because we live on earth and soil erosion is happening on earth so why wouldnt we do something about it?  
    

We learned many vocabulary words. Some of them are:





(1) Rill- Small rivulet formed by water
(2) Detachment- When pieces of soil break off

(3) Gully- Small valley formed by water
(4) Transportation- When water carries away detached soil
(5) Soil Erosion- The movement of soil


Question: What is the best method to prevent soil erosion and why?



Project: Though everyone said we are cheaters I thought we did a great job! Even though we used a pvc pipe know one said we couldn't. So in general I thought it was an amazing project to do to get us really interested in soil erosion/how it works and ways to prevent it.





Gully


soil erosion- silt fence







1 comment:

  1. I absolutely agree with you. Our group did not cheat if you were aloud to use the pipe. This is a great blog Sturla!


    Mike Corbishley

    ReplyDelete